Monday, September 14, 2009

Being Yourself

Do you know who you are?  I mean truly in your soul?  Do you know what you want to do?  Do you know what you're good at?  These are all very important questions.  We've talked a lot about how to lead a more joyful/positive life over the last 3 months.  I've shared the ways that I've learned to change your life, to open your heart & to become a positive influence in this world. All of this information is great & I truly hope it helps, but the bottom line is you need to know who you are & what you want.

In the world today there's a big push to always go further, become more famous, make more money & to be a big success.  I think sometimes in all the noise of the media we think the only way to be who we are is to do more, make more, etc.  The bottom line is that none of this really matters.  No matter the pressure you feel by family, friends or co-workers you need to discover what you truly want.  I realize that this isn't always easy.  Quieting the noise around you & focusing on what is true to your heart takes time.

What I want you to realize is it doesn't matter what it is that you truly want.  If you love to be a janitor & that's what makes you happy, be a janitor.  The world goes around because each of us have our own talents & skills.  Don't get caught up in all the noise around you.  Find where your heart wants to be & do what you want to do.

I've done a lot of different things in my life.  It took me a longtime to know who I was & what I wanted to do.  The work I've done over the past 10-12 years has helped me to discover my talents & who I really am.  Before you can change your life completely you need to take time to figure out what you want & who you are.

Believe in yourself & know that once you're clear God/universe will provide what you want.  Know whatever path you want to pursue it's ok, the world needs all skills & talents to continue to grow.

Till tomorrow,

Bill

Quote of the day: "Believe in yourself & know your talents, for the world opens up to anyone who's honest with themselves."

No comments: