Friday, June 26, 2009

The Awakening

Today I think it's time to reflect on what we've talked about the last few days.  The practice of morning gratefuls, the reflection of the feelings of how those grateful moments make you feel & the release of the past are all part the journey to joy that we are all taking.

All of these first steps have one thing in common; a new way to look at the world.  That's the bottom line with starting this journey.  We all prejudge so much in lives, especially as we get older, & in order to move forward to more joy we have to change the way we look at everything in our lives.

Is this an easy thing?  For some the answer maybe yes!  For me, it was very difficult.  I always thought that I knew what was best in my life.  I was always "lucky" with many things & I was fortunate to be very good at school.  But because of this I became entrenched in what I thought the right thing to do was in my life.  So, I would have some amazing times but then I would have some very bad times where I felt totally disconnected.  When I first met my wife (Heidi) she would at times ask me if she should put some pillows up.  I would say; What?  She would respond; "So it doesn't hurt so much when you hit your head against the wall!"  I never looked at it that way.  I always believed that if I took control of the situation  "grabbing the bull by the horns" that I could make it work out.  Many times this did work but the end result was not always what I wanted.

The best way for me to illustrate this is reflecting on a story like this.  Did you ever want something really bad, like a certain job or a certain vacation and then when you got it, it was never what you thought it would be.  That's what happens when you're disconnected from the universe/God.

The change comes when we open ourselves up & we find that everything in our lives comes without effort.  Bringing more joy to your life is the first step in this process of living an open and more fulfilling life.

There's so much more to reflect on here but I've promised myself to keep these blog's a reasonable length.  We'll continue to explore this "Awakening" that leads us to joy in the coming days.

Thank you all for your support of this blog.  Together we can change the world!

Till tomorrow,

Bill

Quote of the day:

"The joy we find as a child should never be lost.  Live life as a child, open & free, accepting of everything you encounter."

No comments: