Monday, June 22, 2009

The Beginning

Ok, this is my first attempt at writing a daily blog.  It's hard to know where to start because I don't know who will read this blog or where they are at.  The purpose of this blog is to lift each of you up & help guide you to a life of joy.  

How to begin?  That's the hardest thing for most people, it took me years of listening/reading many things, to change.  Most people are afraid of change in their lives.  A part of me totally understands this but I've always tried to be a person that embraces change.  I truly believe that change will happen with or without you so why not be apart of the formation of the change!   Every person has the power to be a change agent in their own life, all it takes is the willingness to take the first step.  Over the coming days/weeks I will explore the things that helped me to accept the changes happening around me. 

For today, I want to explore the move from being a negative force in the world to becoming a positive person.  For a lot of people this first step is the most difficult.  It's easy to be negative, and the old saying that misery loves company can make it even harder to break away from the darkness of despair & negativity.  But, if you're willing to change a small thought it can led to a whole new life.  Realize that every step you take leads you to a new place & movement towards the positive will led to more positive things happening in your life.  All you have to do is believe in the steps you take, no matter how small, and pay attention to the things that will happen in your life.

So what is a "small step", well it's different for everyone.  It can be as simple as a smile or a warm greeting to someone who you haven't cared for before.  For me, the change began with doing morning grateful's.  At first I didn't even really believe what I was saying I just did them to try & find joy in the middle of despair.  What happened is that they became easier & easier and I started to see that things were happening around me to support this change.

Why not take that first step.  Why not move to the positive.  Why not become a change agent in your own life!

Enjoy every moment, for that's where you find joy!

Till tomorrow,

Bill

No comments: