Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Letting Go!

Ok, it's time to talk about letting go!  One of the most difficult things we have to learn on our journey to joy & being more positive.  I spoke briefly the other day about how when I was younger I would just, by sheer will, make things happen & the results didn't always work out the way I really wanted them to work out.  I have found as I have gotten older & gone through my own transition that although this use of sheer will works in the short term. Because you're not opening yourself up to the universe/God you are in opposition to what is really the best thing for you.

We as human beings always believe that we know what's best for us, but the truth is that we actually rarely know what's best for us.  Instead, we tend to bounce from one thing to another to try and find the joy we're missing in our lives. 

The answer for me begins with letting go.  Once we learn to detach ourselves from the outcome of anything we open ourselves up to more possibilities.  This opening up leads us without effort to what truly is a better more joyful place.  This letting go works with anything in your life, friends. family & even other people.  If we let go of our own result or our own opinion we become more open to a result we couldn't even imagine.

Practice detachment everyday, not emotional detachment, detachment from results.  Here's some simple examples.  You want a coffee & when you get to the place you buy it from there's a long line.  Instead of getting upset because you have to wait, understand that everything has it's time & maybe the reason for you waiting is to meet someone in line or to have time to reflect, remember anything can happen.  Next, you are in line at the grocery & a person in a hurry comes up with two items....by letting them go in front you create a good feeling for them that could actually change their day & may infact in some way affect your own life.

These are just a few brief examples of how letting go will continue to open you up.  The world is here to give you everything you need but you have to accept the signs & let go of the outcome!

As I mentioned before I'm always open to your questions or comments.  I'm also willing to try and address any subject that you'd like me to approach over the coming weeks.  I hope this is helping each of you......life is a wonderful gift....enjoy every moment!

Till tomorrow,

Bill

Quote of the day "Life is all about the journey, not the destination....enjoy every moment!"

No comments: