Monday, July 26, 2010

Blank Canvas


I have always found the mind interesting. The things that motivate us, the things that we react to & the things that we think about are just amazing to me. Our minds can create anything & yet at times we can have so many thoughts it's hard to focus on anything. I have often thought of the mind as a blank canvas, a canvas of possibilities.

For me there are times that this canvas can be filled with a masterpiece, every detail beautiful as I look deeper into the painting. So rich & full that just being apart of it makes me feel beautiful. At other times I fill my canvas with crayons & coloring it's totally the picture from a child. I laugh & play, have fun with the simplicity of the picture & I enjoy the process of drawing this simple fun picture.

Still other times can be dark & scary. The canvas can be filled with the fears I've not dealt with in my daily life. Just looking at this canvas can lead me down a path I don't like to go on. I've written before that I strongly believe that we all need to acknowledge these feelings in order to deal with them & move beyond them. Too often we bury these feelings & the paintings our minds create from these situations stay with us forever. They will flash back before us at the most inopportune times until we deal with the fear that helped us originally paint this canvas.

I have learned that by focusing on what is being painted on the canvas of my mind in the current moment allows me to enjoy the process of discovery. I'm never sure what the painting will become, sometimes I'm involved with the actual painting & other times it seems well beyond me. I watch as the painting unfolds in my mind & look on with wonder at what has been created. Then I return the canvas to a blank slate & start the process all over again. I have no specific timing for this cleaning of the canvas. I allow God/universe to let me know when the painting is complete & there are times that more then one painting gets started. You see sometimes the filling of the canvas can take a longtime & it's work is in the background where we can't clearly see it until it's unveiled. Yes, I am always amazed at the process & I love to look at the finished product!

Till tomorrow,

Bill

PS I am still looking for guest bloggers, if you'd like to be a guest blogger please contact me at timberwolf12345@gmail.com

Quote of the day:"Start each day with a blank canvas & allow the masterpiece of your day to be created before you!!!














Visit the National Gallery of Writing

2 comments:

Savira Gupta said...

I saw a play many years ago called 'ART' It was about how people saw the blank canvas as blank and how the buyer who paid thousands for it saw as full of colors. Very interesting play and like life it is what you make of it.
Till today that play has been my constant reminder of how to see life.

Timberwolf123 said...

Thanks Yoga, I don't know that show but it sounds interesting. I just love the thought of thinking of life as the canvas & being able to create whatever you want on it.

Hugs,

Bill