Monday, August 10, 2009

Honesty

Do you always tell the truth?  What does it take for you to tell a lie?  Are you honest to yourself? These are all difficult questions, did you take time to think of your answers?  If not it a minute now and think through these questions. 

What does honesty have to do with bringing more joy in your life?  I think it has everything to do with it.  Why?, because honesty like so many other great qualities opens you up to more great things in your life.  To me honesty is the basis of it all, especially being honest to yourself.  The only way to grow & learn in your life is to be truly honest with yourself.  So many people go through their lives trying to hide their weaknesses, not just from others but from themselves.

I've always trusted in being honest, to myself & to everyone in my life.  Heidi (my wife) will tell you at times I'm bluntly honest.  I've learned in my life to soften some of the bluntness but if someone asks me a direct question I'm going to answer them openly & honestly.

The universe/God only knows the truth, so truly who do you think you're fooling?  You may be fooling people in your life & you may even be able to fool yourself for a while.  But, is it worth it?  Be open & honest to yourself & everyone in your life.  Let go of the negative behavior of lying.  Accept responsibility for your actions & be true to yourself.  Start today & your life will change.

For all of you that don't know; I'll be in England starting tomorrow for my eldest daughters wedding on Friday 8/14.  The blog will be taking a break for the next two weeks while I'm away.  I'll try & post travel updates here & maybe some pictures when I can get internet access.  This is a great time to re-read the blog from the beginning,  I look forward to all of your questions & comments on my return.  I'll miss you all till then.

Hugs,

Bill

Return date will be 8/25!

Quote of the day: "Honesty is the key to positive changes in your life.  Be honest with yourself & everyone you meet & the world will be honest in return."

No comments: