Thursday, August 27, 2009

Quieting the Noise

Yesterday we talked about being patient in the storm around you & enjoying each moment regardless of the circumstances.  I think we need to explore the bigger idea here.  In this day & age we are surrounded by way to many distractions, there is "noise" everywhere we go.  In my opinion to much noise.  I think technology is a wonderful thing but it has made us all accessible 24/7 and it creates an atmosphere of distraction.  Remember when you were a child & you had "quiet time" where not much was going on?
Where you explored your imagination & created wonderful ideas.

I think we all need to try & slow down our busy lives & quiet the noise in our life.  As I mentioned before I'm not good at meditation but I do try to give myself "quiet time" each day to reflect on my life & my intentions for the day & for my life.  I try to take this quiet time at least a couple of times a day.  

But let's talk a bit more about "quieting the noise".  In order to truly bring synchronicity back into your life & improve the possibilities for your intentions to be heard by God/universe we need to quiet the noise in our life & relearn how to narrow our focus.  To some people this may be a contradiction to opening up & being accepting to everything that comes into your life.  I don't see it that way at all, I have found in my life that the things I need to pay attention to make themselves known to me.  You'll learn over time what or who you need to pay attention to, trust in the universe.

How do you narrow your focus?  Have you ever been so engrossed in a book that nothing can distract you?  Well the idea behind narrowing your focus & quieting the noise isn't that extreme but it should be an idea that you explore.  Focus on what is important to you & what makes its self apparent to you.  Quiet the other noise & take time to be quiet yourself.  Learn to slow life down & enjoy it, savor it like a good wine or a great meal.  All we have is today nothing else is guaranteed, remember that when a day seems to get difficult, there's always a way to enjoy even those tough days. Together we'll find a way to enjoy each day and find the joy!

Till tomorrow,

Bill

Quote of the day: "Quiet the noise & narrow your focus, joy is all around you.  Find the joy & eliminate the noise!"

No comments: