Thursday, August 6, 2009

Laugh

"I love to laugh, loud & long & clear"(video below) Yes I do love to laugh & I woke up this morning with this song for mary Poppins in my head so I decided it's a great thing to talk about.  The benefits of laughter are incredible. According to Ode magazine's August Issue from an article entitled "The Medicine of Mirth" by Mary Desmond Pinkowish "Laughter blunts stress & pain; hearty chuckling increases levels of the "happy" brain chemicals known as endorphins.  Laughter staves off black moods, which can damage heart health & increase the risk of stroke.  It reduces levels of cortisol, the stress hormone that's tied to several health problems, including deposition of fat in abdominal area, the most dangerous place for it.  Laughter can ease anxiety disorders, while breast milk of mothers who laugh hard contains higher levels of melatonin, which can reduce the chances of eczema in newborns.  Laughter may also mitigate the damaging effects of inflammation, a process linked to heart attacks, arthritis, allergies & other conditions.  The progress of diabetic kidney disease may be stymied by laughter, and laughter is linked to better respiratory function in those with chronic lung disease.  Best of all, you burn more calories when you laugh." 

Wow, I didn't know all of that, =D  I just knew laughter was good for you & we all need to do more of it.  Laughter is also a great social event, we tend to laugh more in groups. If we can all laugh a little more each day we'll brighten our mood and the mood of everyone around us.

I've never been afraid to laugh, whether in a play or a comedy club I'm happy to laugh anytime I think something is funny, even if I end up laughing by myself.  The old adage "laughter is the best medicine" is really true.  Bring more joy to your life through laughter!!

Till tomorrow,

Bill


Quote of the day: "Laughter brightens the soul, find time to laugh & bring more joy to the world!"

"I Love to Laugh"

No comments: