Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Arts




I've spoken often about how creativity will open your life to more possibilities. So how do you add more creativity to your life? To me the easiest way to increase the creativity in your life is to become involved in the arts. The unfortunate truth is that one of the first things we cut in this country from our educational programs is the arts. Yet, this is one of the most important areas to expand our minds & show us different ways to think.

I don't believe we should all be artists, what I believe is that we all need art in our life. Open your mind to what you've always wanted to do in the arts. This is the time of the year that many of us make resolutions for the new year. Make a resolution to become more active in the arts & watch your creativity soar.

Sign up for a pottery class at your local community college or join a community theatre in your area. If this isn't the answer pick up that instrument you always wanted to play, take some dance lessons or some drawing or painting classes. If you can't afford to take the classes just pick up some paints & start.

I'm not asking you to change your career or to become an expert. I'm challenging you to start. Start doing something creative, make time for it even if you were the child that was told you can't draw at all, start today. No one has to see what you do but by beginning & adding creativity to your life, your life will change.

I know I'm very passionate about the arts because seen the way it can change peoples lives. My dream is for one day to be able to run an arts organization to help others discover the joy that is so sadly lacking in this country. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now...sorry. Just know that creativity is one of the biggest steps you can take to expand your mind & grow. It will help you look at things in a different light. I wrote a blog back in September about creativity check it out but today decide to add the arts to your life.

Till tomorrow,

Bill

Quote of the day: "Make the arts part of your life & watch your creativity soar. Through creativity your life will become more joyful."


By TwitterButtons.com



Visit the National Gallery of Writing

2 comments:

Healing Morning said...

Bill, what a great post! I've been ruminating on similar thoughts, particularly in regard to this new Authentic Blogger venture w/ Marty. Neither of us could've dreamed something this cool and huge would happen from becoming friends back in September, but look at the result of our combined creativity and friendship! Amazing how life throws us these really entertaining curve balls when we're walking a clear, strong path! Keep these great posts coming - you're inspiring me in all sorts of ways!
~ Dawn

Timberwolf123 said...

Thanks dawn, I appreciate the comments. I truly understand the power of creativity & believe we all need to tap into it more. We tend to get comfortable where we're at & stop thinking creatively. We all ahve to challenge ourselves to rediscover our creativity & in the process help revive the arts!

Hugs,

Bill