Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Winter



As we come upon the winter solstice I think it's a great time to reflect on what the winter means. I've never been a great lover of the winter even though I've lived most of my life in the midwest where the winter can be very hard.

I sit here today in Indiana where we're expecting a snow strom later today. Who knows if it will actually come but right now there's high winds & rain ahead of the expected snow this afternoon. As with everything in my life I try to look beyond what's ahead of me, so today I thought it would be great to talk about the wintertimes in your life.

We all have times in our life where things seem the darkest or the coldest. These times can be very tough for us to get through because we tend to forget about the "spring & summer" times of our lives while we're going through these "dark times.

The thing to remember is that our lives are tied to nature & in nature the winter is a time for renewal. Yes, I said renewal! Everything in nature during the winter is taking a pause to begin again. Every plant & most animals are expending as little energy as possible to be ready to begin their rebirth during the spring. They reflect on what worked best in the past so they can come back even stronger in the spring.

We all have winter times in our lives. Sometimes they come with the actual season & sometimes the come at other times in our lives. Take time during this "dark" time and renew yourself. Remember that winter; as all things in nature will end & the spring will come again. Don't be discourage that the wintertime has come, celebrate the time you have for self reflection & growth. Take the time to grow & be ready for the next spring of your life.

Till tomorrow,

Bill

Quote of the day: "The wintertimes of your life are times for renewal. Celebrate these dark times & preapre for your next spring!"

My next video blog is now available on Youtube.  I hope you'll take a look I've called it "Love-letting go of excuses"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRBKHjTc6FQ&feature=autoshare_twitter


By TwitterButtons.com



Visit the National Gallery of Writing

3 comments:

Canyn said...

That's beautiful, Bill.
When I lived in Pa I had a plant called a Bleeding Heart. It was much prettier than its name. In the fall it would shrivel, turn brown, and finally disappear for the winter. In the spring, its slick, shiny leaves would peek up through the soil, a little at a time, until suddenly it would take off and visitors would be amazed, always exclaiming, "I thought it was gone for good!" Each year it grew out larger and more beautiful than the year before.
Your blog made me remember that wonderful plant and what it meant to me. Thanks.

Timberwolf123 said...

You're very welcome & what a great story....sometimes we all need to be willing to let go of everything to come back even stronger then before.

Hugs,

Bill

Anonymous said...

That's great! I needed this today, because we are stuck in the house. The snow drifts are climbing from 5 feet high to 10, and it doesn't look like it's going to let up. I'll take this time to do some renewing of my life.

-Marty