Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Destiny




Destiny, I wrote a nice blog about destiny back in July but with the end of the year coming I thought it was a nice time to revisit the topic. What are your thoughts about destiny? Do you think everything we do is predetermined? Or do you think everything we do is self determined? Destiny is an interesting paradox for me, I think we are all born with a true life's purpose. The wonderful challenge for each of us is to discover what our true life purpose is. Sometimes this journey can take a lifetime. Sometimes, if you're lucky, you can discover your purpose early on & fulfill this true purpose.

I believe strongly that God/universe tries to help us along the way. This helping hand tries to push us gently towards our life's purpose. Reminding us of what we were meant to do. The problem is that we don't always listen & sometimes we actually rebel against the thought of having a greater purpose.

Then, of course, we have to deal with our EGO. It is the EGO itself that keeps us from finding our true purpose. Dr. Wayne Dyer has a great definition for the EGO it is Edge Out God & that's what the EGO does. It wants the easy answer & the quick fix. It lusts for instant gratification & never wants to put in the work. This disconnection from our true purpose is the reason for all of the suffering we go through in our life. Yet, we continually give in to the EGO. Why? Because it feels good.

The biggest battle all of us wage in our life isn't from anything outside of our self. It is our internal battle to allow our connection to our true self & our true life's purpose. How many times in your life have you come to an important crossroad & had to make a big decision? To me these moments are God/universe trying to help us get back on track. These self defining moments happen throughout our life until we find our way back to our true life's purpose. The unfortunate thing is for some of us we never find our way back. We spend our life searching for that connection to our true self & never feel completely fulfilled.

The good news is that we can all find this connection. It begins with loving & forgiving yourself for anything that's happened in the past. Once you let go of the past, come from a place of love & live in the current moment (not in the past or the future) this connection becomes much easier to find.

When we are connected wonderful things begin to happen all around you to continue to push you towards your true purpose. There is no better time to start this journey then this time of the year. Let go of 2009 or any of the past that holds you back. Commit yourself to take the time to look deep inside. Listen to that small voice that you've been ignoring. Forgive yourself & all those in your life that have done you wrong. Love & when it hurts, love some more. You are a precious gift & you can find your true destiny. Believe in your true self, pay attention to the signs that God/universe sends you. Let go of your EGO & listen to your soul.

It's all possible, take the steps today to make it happen. I know you can! I believe in you!!

Till tomorrow,

Bill

Quote of the day: "Our true destiny is within each of us. Open your heart, listen to your soul & you'll discover your true destiny."


By TwitterButtons.com



Visit the National Gallery of Writing

4 comments:

Healing Morning said...

Bill, this was nice! I think we're all very good at getting in our own way; in fact, that's a particular talent of mine. Having the presence of mind to stop, regroup and not give in to the urge to take the easier path....ahh, there lies the rub! This was a thoughtful, kind and gentle approach to the concept - a soft reminder, or a nudge to say, "Wait, do you really want to do that? Or is there perhaps a different, better way? Why don't you take a minute and think before you move forward?" I love your work!

~ Dawn

Timberwolf123 said...

Thanks Dawn, I think this is a great time to let go of all that holds you back from your true self. I'm glad it spoke to you, I appreciate your kind words.

Hugs,

Bill

Canyn said...

I had to learn what you speak of by trial and error. I used to assert my ego and everything went sour. It's funny how when you let go and ride the flow of your destiny, no matter how far off the path that wrong "fork in the road" choice took you, somehow you end up heading back in the right direction. It could be seen that those wrong decisions are wasted time, and I have had those thoughts, but I came to realize that much learning took place on those wrong paths. I've even wondered if what seemed like a wrong path was actually a right path because of something I wouldn't have received if I hadn't gone there (like a beautiful child that would not have been born, for instance.) I've given up thinking that the path of my life's purpose is going to be smooth. As long as I can stay mindful and aware, I can see when things are falling into place. The best, most happy state of mind, for me, is to wake up every day and ask, "What amazing experiences will I have today?" And yes, you are so correct about the EGO! As long as the old EGO doesn't get involved, everything, even the difficulties, don't hurt anyone.

Timberwolf123 said...

Thanks for your comments Canyn, I too struggled with trying to "make" things happen when I was younger & although many times I "got what I wanted" it would never turn out the way I wanted it to. I've learned that it takes reflection to get past the EGO & continue on your true life path.

I think everything in life happens for a reason so the "missteps" we make may actually be part of the plan but I do know that we'll never find our way back as along as we listen to the EGO.

The unfortunate thing is many of us do listen & then we're surprised when we don't feel fulfilled & happy. The EGO is a part of us that we all need to learn to deal with better. This journey alone, if we can get past the EGO, will bring more joy then you can imagine.

Hugs,

Bill