Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Being Tested

I've been asked a lot in recent months about how you stay positive & connected in times of great stress or when you're actually dealing with a crisis in your life.  It's never easy to go through difficult times in your life but there are two important things to always remember.  First, difficult times happen to everyone.  They are part of the natural flow of the universe.  In order for us to know joy we have to know some sorrow in our lives.  The important thing to remember is to always try & learn from your experience.  Sometimes the greatest growth comes through difficult times & in the end you may be a better person because of what you've had to deal with.  I know this first hand as I have been through a great deal of difficult times in my life but I have learned & grown from each situation & it's because of the things I've been through that I'm where I am now. 

The second thing to remember is that no storm last forever.  When you're going through the difficult situation in your life it truly feels like it will never end & things will never get better.  The truth is that it will, at some point things will improve & you'll be able to move on with your life.  It may not be the same life you had before the crisis but life will get better.

So how do I deal with these difficult times?  I wrote a blog about 5 months ago called "dealing with crisis" & I also wrote a blog several months ago about "dealing with fallow times".  Give them a read if you're dealing with a difficult times. 

The most important thing to remember is that the practices you put in place today are going to help you deal with these difficult times.  If you can stay positive & release the stress in your life, even in these difficult times, you will ease the effect of the difficult times on your life.  Remember to stay open to the signs the universe sends you even when times get rough.  

We all tend to close ourselves down when we're going through a difficult time.  It's a natural reaction because we don't feel we have the strength to deal with everything that's happening in our lives.  I suggest, you try to do just the opposite, stay open, take time to reconnect with the love inside of you, reconnect with your soul & rediscover your life's purpose.  Ask for help from God/universe or other people in your life that you trust.  Find the joy in the small things even if this joy only last for a short period of time.  Finally, realize that you are strong & you will make it through.

It's never easy to deal with difficult times in your life.  I hope this blog is able to help you in some way.

Till tomorrow,

Bill

Quote of the day: "By continuing your daily pratices to bring more joy into your life.  You will be more able to deal with the difficult times in your life."

My next video blog is now available on Youtube.  I hope you'll take a look I've called it "Love-letting go of excuses". http://bit.ly/52wJTw


By TwitterButtons.com



Visit the National Gallery of Writing

No comments: