Friday, November 6, 2009

Joy in every moment

We've discussed living in the moment many times before but it's always a great subject to talk about again.  Can you find joy in every moment?  Can you discover it even when things don't go the way you planned?

The truth is that the only time we have is "now".  We aren't guaranteed the future & the past is something we all need to move through.  So many of us get caught up in the past, we need to learn from our experiences, release the emotions, forgive ourselves or the others that have done us wrong & move on.  I know this sounds a lot easier then it is.  I've been through many things in my life & it took me a long time to figure out that the past has no bearing on the future or more importantly on the "now"!!  Trust me when I tell you that no matter what you've been through in your life you can move past it.  Read the blog I wrote about releasing the past & know that you can do it & it's the most important thing to do to move forward in your life.

So how do we stay in the current moment?  The easiest way for me is just to be.  I pay attention to everything that's going on in the moment & look for the joy in each & every moment.  I've found that if you let go of your EGO (I'm the most important person here, etc) & truly listen to the others around you, finding joy is easy.

This is especially true when things don't go the way you planned.  I had a day a few days ago that everything I had planned had to be changed.  Instead of getting upset with all the things that occurred I let go of the outcome & just paid attention to the events.  By doing this I was able to learn things about myself & the others involved in my "crazy" day.

Each of us has the power to be connected in each moment we live.  The more attention you pay to each moment the more you will discover and God/universe will respond to your shift by filling each moment with wonderful things.

Enjoy each moment, find the joy. By living in the "now" you will discover a more joyful life.

Have a great weekend, see you Monday,

Bill

Quote of the day: "Find the joy in each moment & the world will open up for you."


My second video blog is now available on 'Youtube".  I continue on this blog discussing "love", take a look.  I look forward to your comments: http://bit.ly/n4X6Z  I will release the next video on Monday!


By TwitterButtons.com



Visit the National Gallery of Writing

No comments: