Monday, November 30, 2009

Inspiration

I wrote a blog a couple of months ago about motivation & I believe that many people get confused between motivation & inspiration.  To me motivation is an action, you get motivated to do something.  Many people, including me, need motivation to get through the day or motivation to start their day.  Motivation is an important part of everyone's life.

So what is inspiration?  Inspiration to me is the connection to your soul that leads you on to greater things.  Finding inspiration on a daily basis can be a challenge to anyone but in order to move ahead in your life, inspiration is what's needed. 

I've spoken many times in the past about how we all just walk through our lives on a daily basis.  I would go so far to say that many of us are sleep walking through our lives.  What I mean by this is that we are comfortable with where we are at & we're afraid to examine our life to move forward.  This comfort may seem wonderful but it will actually disconnect you from your soul & your true purpose in life.  The best way to continue to grow & stay connected is to push yourself into things beyond your comfort zone.

So how do we find our true inspiration?  I believe this is a difficult question because we all use different tools to motivate us & to find our inspiration.  Many people, including myself, can find inspiration in music, movies or books.  The themes that each of these vehicles present us can be a great way to connect to your heart & even to your soul. But, to truly find a deep meaningful inspiration we need to take these themes and internalize them.  We need to discover their true connection to our soul.  

So how do we do this?  For me, it's by taking the time to examine the way these tools truly make me feel.  I allow myself to experience the emotions attached to the themes I've experienced through listening, watching or reading.  Once I allow myself to feel these emotions I examine where the emotion is coming from & what attachment I have to that emotion.  Many times this involves looking at your past & trying to understand why you feel the way you do.  Once you understand why you feel the way you do, you can begin to understand what theme is truly connected to your soul.  This theme may have a basis in your past but it will lift you up beyond anything else.  This true inspiration can change throughout your life but generally stays within the same area of your life.

Allow yourself to examine your true inspirations & find the deepest connection to your soul.  These inspirations will lift you up to a more joyful life.

Till tomorrow,

Bill

Quote of the day: "Take time to deeply examine your life & find your true inspiration.  This inspiration will lift your life to a place of true joy!"

My next video blog is now available on Youtube.  The subject of this blog is "Forgiveness".  Take a look:  http://bit.ly/32ZLSU


By TwitterButtons.com



Visit the National Gallery of Writing

No comments: