Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Smile

Yes, just smile!  You'll be surprised at the results.  I'm not much for tributes but last week I watched the Michael Jackson tribute because so many people on Twitter were talking about it.  I expected to watch a small part of it & then turn it off but I actually got pulled into it because it was so well done.  I ended up watching the whole thing.  That even surprised me.

First, I should say that I'm not a big "celebrity" watcher type of person.  I appreciate all  celebrities for their talent and realize that they are just people like you & me, that have their own problems & issues to deal with.  I try hard in my life to treat everyone the same I try hard accept the good in everyone and forgive the flaws/problems.  So what's the point?  Well one of my favorite parts of the tribute was Jermaine Jackson's performance of "Smile" (if I've done it right it will be at the end of this blog).

The Lyrics of this song were written by John Turner and Geoffrey Parsons with the music by Charlie Chaplin.  Here are the original lyrics:

Smile
tho'
your heart is aching,
Smile
Even though it's breaking,
When there are clouds in the sky- You'll get by,
If you
Smile through your fear and sorrow,
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through- For you.
Light up your face with gladness,
Hide ev'ry trace of sadness,
Altho' a tear may be ever so near,
That's the time you must keep on trying,
Smile- What's the use of crying,
You'll find that life is still worthwhile,
If you just smile.

I've always liked  this song & I thank Michael for bringing it back into my life.  The impact of a smile on someone elses life can be amazing. But the point of this song is the impact on your own life.  When you smile and really try and make the smile genuine it can actually change your day.  I believe this is because a true, because a smile, like a real laugh, comes from deep inside you.  It's a connection from your soul to the world.  That's why a smile can light up a room.  It's a nice easy way to try & feel better when you're down....try it.....Just Smile!!!

Here's Jermaine:



Till tomorrow,

Bill
Quote of the day "A smile is a window to the soul.  Smile today & brighten the world with your soul

No comments: